Saturday 1 June 2013

Confused Monsoon

Its  a  beautiful day outside.


Yes. . .I  went  to  the  "Outside"  realm today. . .
Like  any  normal  Internet  addict,  I  went  to  sleep  at  around  five  in  the  morning  and  woke  up  at  around  one  in  the  afternoon  today.  I  drew  back  the  curtains  of  the  windows;  it  wasn't  the  bright  and  harsh  summer  sun  outside  as  I  had  expected
.


The  weather  outside  was  confused.  It  was  grey,  but  a  little  sunny  as  well.  It  was  beautifully  gloomy.  Cloudy.  The  trees  were  dancing  in  the  mild  wind.  Soon  there  was  a  flash  of  lightning  and  the  thunder  soon  followed - surely  like  a  little  brother  would  follow  his  elder  sibling.  There  was  nothing  scary  in  this  picture  though. . .


I  decided  to  go  out  and  document  this  beautiful  day.  Still  in  my  nightshirt,  I  got  my  camera  and  hopped  outside.  It  was  a  hop-worthy  day  after all.


 

But  outside,  it  was  kinda  sunny...cloudy,  but  sunny. You  know?

Well,  I  wasn't  complainig!!  It  was  perfectly  photogenic!!

That's  mi  casa...our  front  garden.




















My  Daddy  is  really  into  gardening.  Its  hard  for  him  to  even  imagine  a  house  without  a  garden!  Lets  just  say  that  for  Daddy,  a  house  isn't  a  home  without  a  garden.  And  he  does  it  all  by  himself! (ok,  with  a  little  extra  help  but..)


Celosia

Did  I  mention  how  much  I'm  loving  the  Celosia  flowers  this  season?!















We  had  never  planted  it  before. . .but  when  Dad  came  to  Delhi  earlier  this  year,  we  went  to  a  nursery (the place where you get seeds, plants and pots. . .not  the  school thingy  for  little  kids),  and  bought  a  few  packets  of  seeds  of  Celosia.




























They  turned  out  to  be  quite  different  from  the  picture  they  had  on  the  packet  though.  These  were  not  as  "tamed"  as  they  showed  in  the  picture.



But  I  kinda  like  the  wild  structure  of  the  plant.  Its  very  different  from  the  lined,  tamed  and  trimmed  look  that  out  Winter  garden  usually  has.  This  has  a  somewhat  English  Garden-y  feel  to  it.


Also  gracing  our  gardens  this  summer  are  some  Bleeding  Hearts!


Bleeding  Hearts



I  wanna  meet  the  genius  who  came  up  with  the  name  "Bleeding  Hearts".  How  very  romantic  and  poetic. . .and  also  kinda  ominous  and  disturbing.  I  wonder  how  his  or  her  love  life  is  doing  though...


Periwinkle















And  here  are  some  shots  of  the  Periwinkle  flowers.  Doesn't  this  humble  flower  have  like  the  most  beautiful  name  of  all  flowers?  I'm  not  even  kidding!  Its  a  cute  name  for  a  cute  little  flower.
















I  have  absolutely  no  idea  what  this  pretty  tree  is  called.  So  I  did  what  any  normal  human  would.  I  Google'd  it.


I  tried  to  find  it  through  the  "Search  by  Image"  feature  on  Google  Image.  And  guess  what?  Even  Google  didn't  know!  Instead  it  showed  me  this!  What?!

















I'll  let  you  know  if  I  ever  find  out  its  name.  Dad  probably  knows.


Moving  on. . .


Things  aren't  as  pretty  in  our  kitchen  garden  as  they  are  in  the  front  one.  Don't  judge  us!  Its  monsoon!  Weeds  dominate  this  season!  And  they  are  resilient!
























See  what  I  mean?

The  vegetable  plants  are  still  there  in  lines  as  usual. . .but  it  kinda  looks  like  the  aftermath  of  a  wild  party.

Look  at  those  lean  mean  bean-stalks 
And  from  the  left  we  have  some  Lady's  Fingers (Okra),  baby  Brinjals(Egg-plant)  and  Aloe Vera



Aloe  Vera


Yes. . .we  have  Aloe Vera  in  our  kitchen  garden.  My  dad  takes  a  small  amount of  peeled  Aloe  Vera  every  morning.  Apparently  its  good  for  people  with  Diabetes.


Lemon  Tree


Look!  We  have  our  very  own  lemon  tree  in  our  backyard!



























Unfortunately,  they  don't  have  lemons  like  these  in  Delhi.  The  Delhi  lemons  are  tiny  and  round  and  not  as  juicy.  Many  a  times  my  Mom  has  parceled  lemons  from  our  garden  all  the  way  to  Delhi  for  me!  Yup. . .just  lemons.


























More  Aloe Vera  near  the  Lemon  tree!


Nuh-uh-uh-uh!  Wait!  We  don't  just  have  a  front  and  a  back  garden.  No.  We  have  a  friggin'  side  garden  as  well ! !















Here  we  have  the  beautiful  Hibiscus,  a  Star-fruit  tree,  two  Beetle-nut  trees  and  guess  what ?!  More  rows  of  Aloe  Vera !!


Hibiscus


























Moss!














And  an  artsy  little  picture  of  a  moss-covered  wall.  And  below  we  have  Mr.  Caterpillar  sayin'  "Get  out.  You  are  making  me  uncomfortable.".  (Thank  God  for  optical  zoom!)















Well  this  is  what  the  Outside  looks  like.  The  outside  of  my  house.


Now  GET  OUT!



PS :  If  you  actually  read  this  whole  post  and  not  just  the  pictures,  THANKS!  I'm  sorry  it  somehow  turned  into  a  bad  botanical  tour

Feedback  is  appreciated.  If  you  have  a  similar  post  about  what  your  Outside  looks  like,  please  send  me  the  links  in  the  comments.  (I'll  only  look  at  the  pictures  most  probably).  Also  if  you  don't  have  a  similar  post,  make  one !  Its  Fun!

Good  Luck. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment